The skin is the largest organ on our bodies and yet it often receives the least amount of our attention. By taking just a few minutes a day to dry-brush your skin you can experience numerous health benefits including:
- Dry-brushing removes dead skin cells from your body and encourages new ones to grow. This process helps your skin to eliminate toxins and absorb oxygen more efficiently and effectively.
- Increased Circulation
- Dry-brushing brings blood to the surface of your skin which increases your circulation and improves your lymphatic flow. People with severe circulatory problems have found relief through dry-brushing.
- An easy “spa” treatment
- Dry-brushing stimulates the nerve-endings in your skin and feels awesome! It’s an invigorating way to start your day and can help to relieve stress and reduce tension in your body.
How to get started:
- Use a natural bristle brush, preferably one with a long handle. The bristles should feel stiff.
- Start at your ankles and gently work your way up your body. Brush towards your heart in order to match the flow of your lymphatic system.
- Try to work it into your daily routine; many people like to dry-brush in the morning right before showering 🙂