Yesterday a friend asked me, “What’s your opinion of V8 Vegetable Juice?” So I decided to give it a complete analysis. V8 Vegetable Juice is made with 8 different types of vegetables… but does that mean that it’s healthy?
- V8 Vegetable Juice is made from 8 different vegetables including: tomatoes, carrots, celery, beets, parsley, lettuce, watercress, and spinach.
- All of its juices are pasteurized and come from concentrate: These processes destroy all the beneficial minerals, vitamins, and live enzymes found in the vegetables
- It contains a VERY high amount of sodium: 8oz. contains 650 mg of sodium… what?!?!
- It does not use organic vegetables: meaning it contains harmful pesticide residues
- Contains “Natural Flavoring”: Campbell has publicly admitted that its “natural flavoring” might contain meat/seafood/poultry/dairy… vegetarians beware!
- They mislead their customers: Their label claims their product contains “100% Vegetable Juice” but its ingredients clearly include items that are not vegetable juice.
- If I were to grade V8 Vegetable Juice, I would give it a C-. While it does contain some vegetables in it, all of their nutrients have been destroyed. Plus it’s full of sodium, pesticide residue, meat flavorings… and they just plain lie to their customers! I would recommend drinking fresh juice or simply drinking water instead of V8 Vegetable Juice.
Ways to improve your juice:
- Make your own!
- Buy fresh juice!
- Both of these options cost more… but you get what you pay for 😉
What are your thoughts on V8 Vegetable Juice? What type of juice do you usually drink? Let me know in the comments below!