According to WebMD,
“The gallbladder aids in the digestive process by storing bile and secreting it into the small intestine when food enters.”
Sometimes the gallbladder can become inflamed, the bile ducts become inflamed, or the bile will become too concentrated and the gallbladder will produce gallstones. Unfortunately many people suffer from the discomfort of gallstones… which cause pain, along with nausea and vomiting, when the gallstones block the bile duct.
Fortunately nature provides us with several ways to treat gallstones, and prevent them from happening in the future, without the use of pharmaceutical drugs or surgery! I’ve listed a few ways to treat them here:
Natural Treatments for Gallstones:
- Drink the juice of 1 whole lemon in 8oz. of hot water 3-4 times a day
- Drink 8oz. of fresh carrot juice 3-4 times day
- Drink as much fresh apple juice as you can! Apples detoxify the body and aid in liver function (which is closely related to the gallbladder)
- Do not eat any processed sugars or starches
- Avoid meat (An easy way to do this for meat-lovers is to eat only fruit/vegetables until 4PM, and then have meat from a high-quality source for dinner)
- Try a coffee enema… they reduce levels of toxicity in your body by up to 600%! Check out how to do a coffee enema here.
- Strive to have 2-3 normal bowel movements a day, consider doing a colon cleanse if you are constipated
Do you suffer from gallstones? Have you suffered from gallstones in the past? I would love to hear about your experiences, please share in the comments below!